Montana WBC - Bozeman
Business counseling is available to entrepreneurs, small business owners, managers and individuals who are considering starting a business. Counseling services are tailored to the specific needs of the individual or business and cover areas including start-up assistance, business plan development, management, marketing, financing, cash flow management as well as other guidance needed to achieve success.
Montana WBC counseling services are available at no charge and are completely confidential. Women are our focus, but we will help anyone who needs it.
STEP 1: Click here to request a 1-hour counseling appointment with a Montana WBC counselor.* You will be directed to an external website. Simply click on "New Client Signup" (upper left menu) to create a login and then fill out our counseling intake form.
Please note that business counseling appointments are currently being scheduled approximately 6 weeks out due to high demand. Additional business counseling options available through our area resource partners are detailed below.
We recommend scheduling with Anya at the Bozeman SBDC (link below) if you are in the Bozeman area and would prefer to see a business counselor sooner than our wait time allows.
STEP 2: Review the business planning materials and other helpful information and guides available on our Resources page while waiting to schedule your appointment.
For questions, please contact Montana WBC at 406.587.3113.
Other free business assistance resources:
- Find a Small Business Development Center near you. The SBDC network supports ten centers around the state, focusing on counseling in areas such as financial analysis, business planning, training and workshops and loan packaging assistance to help small businesses achieve their goals of growth, expansion, innovation and success. http://sbdc.mt.gov/
- Get free free business advice with a business counselor through the Bozeman Chapter of SCORE http://scorebozeman.org/
- If you are a Montana State University student or alum, there is free business assistance for businesses in all stages at the Blackstone LaunchPad on campus. http://www.montana.edu/launchpad/
- If you have an established business (in business one year or more) we recommend you look into the Montana Business Expansion and Retention (BEAR) program. http://businessresources.mt.gov/BEAR#Information-74
- Access a directory of trusted accountants, attorneys, marketing specialists and other advisors, with the Prospera Member Directory. You can use the drop down menu on the right hand side to sort by industry. https://www.prosperabusinessnetwork.org/community/member-directory
In addition to the Bozeman office, Montana WBC services are also available at our sub-center location in Hamilton:
Montana WBC Sub-Center - Hamilton
Ravalli County Economic Development Authority services create the infrastructure for a
knowledge-based business community in the Bitterroot Valley that helps existing and new businesses turn information and innovation into opportunity. This WBC sub-center focuses on providing both training and counseling to women entrepreneurs at all stages of their business development.
Ravalli County EDA
Submit a proposal for a training, workshop, tour or event...we welcome your ideas!
The Montana WBC is funded in part through a cooperative agreement with the U.S. Small Business Administration.